Jared S. Gillman is an associate in the West Palm Beach office of Arnstein & Lehr LLP, where he is a member of the firm’s Construction and Litigation Practice Groups. His practice is focused in the areas of construction law and commercial litigation.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Gillman worked as an associate at prominent law firms in South Florida focusing on construction and commercial litigation, preparation of liens, notices to owner, bond claims, bid protests and licensing violations. He represented large general contractors, subcontractors and material suppliers in disputes over large residential, commercial and public projects. Prior to entering private practice, he served as an Assistant State Attorney for the 19th Judicial Circuit of Florida from 2008 to 2010. While working with the Attorney’s Office, he gained substantial trial experience, where he served as First Chair on 18 jury trials and managed an active docket of over 100 felony cases.
Mr. Gillman received his B.B.A. from University of Miami in 2005 and earned his J.D. from St. Mary’s University School of Law in 2008.
- Lead counsel in representing a large window contractor in a lien claim against a home owner on a custom residential project resulting in payment in full to the contractor.
- Successfully negotiated the dismissal of air conditioning permit violations on a residential construction project.
- Lead counsel in successfully representing a large Florida property management Limited Liability Corporation in defending a suit for alleged violations of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Lead counsel in successfully representing a Texas Limited Partnership in defending and obtaining dismissal of a suit for tortious interference with an advantageous business relationship, based upon complex jurisdictional grounds.
- General Counsel for the Stuart Sailfish Club
- Member of the Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Member of the Justice Major B. Harding American Inns of Court
- Member of the Treasure Coast Builders Association
- U.S. Coast Guard OUPV Captain’s License (6 Pack)
St. Mary’s University School of Law (J.D., 2008)
University of Miami (B.B.A., 2005)
State of Florida
Southern District of Florida
Middle District of Florida